Week 8 Reading and Writing

Looking Back:

Overall, I am very happy with my progress in this class. I think the reading and writing assignments are going well for me. I could perhaps be more detailed with my reading notes, but I have also not had any issues with lacking information when it comes to writing a story based on my notes. I am happy with my blog and am very happy with my Storybook Project website. At the beginning of the semester, I did not think I would enjoy the monotony of writing about one subject throughout the semester, but I instead find myself excited to burrow deeper into these lesser-known characters and their stories. I have enjoyed the opportunity this class has given me to write and to hone my skills as a storyteller. As a huge bookworm, I am also appreciative of the reading assignments; my favorite tale so far is The Ramayana, hands down.

An Image:

(Newlywed couple, Wikimedia Commons)

I chose this image from my Week 3 story, Gautama's Promise, for a number of reasons. Gautama's Promise is, as of right now, my favorite story that I have written for this class. I put a lot of my own emotions and past experiences into my portrayal of love in this story. In my own experience, love is rarely the heady, all-consuming emotion it's always portrayed as. Instead, it's looking at another person, seeing all their flaws and all the times they have let you down, and still choosing to love them and grow with them, because they see your flaws and still choose you too.

Looking Forward:

I cannot think of anything I want to change in how I approach this class. I am getting all my work done in a satisfactory manner and am enjoying the class too. The big thing will be keeping on top of everything as the semester gets busier and busier in the second half.

Comments

Popular Posts