Week 8 Comments and Feedback

Feedback In:

Overall, I would rate the quality of comments and feedback as a pretty good. I appreciate the compliments of my work, because I put so much time into my writing and it means a lot to know that others see that time and appreciate it. Because I put so much time and effort into something before I publish it, I am a little defensive when I am given a critique that I cannot understand. I am finding critiques that have a reason attached to them are more useful to me than a comment that only suggests I change something without stating why I need to fix that.

Feedback Out:

I think I am leaving good feedback for my classmates. I know that many of my comments can be seen as excessively nice, but that is only because I believe that it can be harder to determine a person's emotions in written form and I do not want to come off as bossy or overly-critical. I find my best strategy to ensure I am leaving genuine critiques while remaining kind is to shape them into a "compliment sandwich." I start with an overall appreciation of their work or a specific compliment, transition into something I didn't understand or a point of general correction, and then finish off with a general enthusiasm for their work.

Blog Comments:

I have a slight sense of getting to know others through their introduction posts and comments on my page, but it feels like a hollow familiarity; like how it feels to know details about a celebrity without ever meeting them. I almost wish there was a way we could chat in real time with people from our class, but that would also be a lot to set up and keep up with. I am happy with the personality I project from my introduction post and my blog in general, but I also want to talk with someone about the kinds of things you wouldn't post on a blog. To be able to meet someone in person and talk about the crazy things you did in high school and all the reasons behind your unique quirks is on of my favorite things and I almost miss it in a class setup like this.

Looking Forward:

Under the circumstances, I am very happy with how I am completing feedback assignments and the setup of my introduction post and comment wall. I'll just keep doing what I'm doing.

Image:

I chose this image in relation to my thoughts under the Blog Comments heading below. While I am an introvert, I love people and having authentic, meaningful relationships with them. I find it easier to be creative and happy when I'm open with others. To be able to boldly share things with others means that you're more likely to hit publish on that story you wrote, to hit share on that video of your practice room jam session; if you are open to life and all its opportunities, you are not so afraid of failure.

Comments

Popular Posts